Monday, December 3, 2007

Presurgery Bite


I have enclosed a picture of my bite before surgery. I just had my last adjustment on my braces today and will be seeing the oral surgeon tomorrow. He plans on taking some impressions and explaining the upcoming procedure to me.


Sorry I haven't posted anything the last 4 months but it has been an uphill battle with my insurance company. I was preauthorized for the insurance in Oct of 2006 but the preauthorization expired before my braces were ready for surgery. Getting it reapproved has been a 4 month nightmare.

2 comments:

Say what? said...

hi J, i have no idea about this blogging thing. i just happened to come across this site as i was doing some research because my jaw surgery has been denied. it was approved by 2 insurance companies, but i switched jobs, and the new insurance company denied my "medically necessary jaw surgery" because of my age. (i am 27.) did you run into this at all?

thanks,
angela

surfdogz said...

Yes, Angela I had the same problem in fact I have found that all parties have to be willing to work to help you out. The oral surgeon and the insurance company must work together and it's hard to find doctors who are willing to take the time to fight for your case. I had to shop around for an oral surgeon that was willing to work the the insurance company. Not really the best way to go about hiring a doctor to due major surgery but what else can you do.

I can also tell you that without insurance it will be so expensive that it wouldn't be worth having the surgery. My surgery cost about 64000 dollars and it was considered out patient.